Millions of people are trying to get out of the net of alcoholism, to beat it. After all, this disease is serious and terrible. It takes away health, leads to degradation and destroys the family.
How to stop drinking alcohol on your own? Is this possible or does it require some serious help to get rid of the bad habit?
The face of the green snake
The daily habit of having a drink in the mood after a hard day to get rid of fatigue stabilizes and turns into a destructive passion. A person ceases to cope with himself: he does not want to drink, but drinks to be confident in himself. Alcohol gradually acquires the status of a main product in the human body, it becomes an important distributor of energy. And at this point, it is very difficult to stop drinking on your own. It can be cured if a number of conditions are met.
- Addiction to alcohol develops (it is easier to get rid of it early).
- It mainly grows in the structures of the brainstem and acts on the entire NS, the treatment affects organs and systems.
- Disease takes over metabolic processes.
- The liver begins to produce too many enzymes that break down alcohol.
Important to know! If the liver is normal, it is itself capable of producing internal type alcohol. It is he who acts on the receptors synthesized by mood hormones. With constant binge eating, internal alcohol is not produced in sufficient quantities, and then this process subsides completely.
This is where total addiction to a drink comes in, and it becomes difficult to stop drinking on your own, as an attempt to dive into a sober life and get rid of binge eating attacks causesinstantly boredom. Depression occurs and the patient looks into the glass again. If the enzymes for breaking down alcohol by the body are not being produced and are not coming from the outside, a call goes to the brain to drink! Therefore, a man cannot stop drinking alone for purely physiological reasons.
Social promiscuity or illness?
At some point, a person begins to lose the ability to adapt socially.
Most people see licentious behavior in alcoholism. It's not correct. The nature of alcoholism is a real disaster, which is difficult to get rid of and stop drinking on your own. What are the symptoms of alcoholism? For alcoholism, as with a chronic disease, phases of exacerbations are characteristic, which are replaced by remission. The criteria of the dependency formed:
- pathological cravings for alcohol.
- The need for extra alcohol (getting drunk).
- It's hard to believe that you need to drink a little bit in the morning to feel good and let go of this thought.
Alcoholics eat little and on drinking days they refuse food. They have enough energy from alcohol. However, the body is poor in proteins and fats, trace elements and vitamins. This causes violations of almost all systems and organs, which are very difficult to cure. So it is difficult to help yourself.
Therapeutic dose and when does withdrawal occur?
Sometimes drunkenness is seen as vital by doctors. The lack of other means to relieve metabolic disorders, get rid of toxins, forces you to consume a little alcohol. Otherwise, the person may be on the brink.
The most common disease in alcoholics - cirrhosis of the liver - can be fatal.
In the last stage of alcoholism, liver functions are disturbed, cirrhosis develops, and the pancreas and heart muscle also suffer. It is impossible to cure them and restore their functions. Severe intoxication leads to mental disorders (delirium tremens, misperception and hallucinations). It is out of the question to stop drinking alone.
Constantly receiving large amounts of ethanol from the outside, the body is forced to independently rebuild the metabolism of alcohol. As soon as the alcohol stops flowing and the person stops drinking, the metabolism begins to normalize. It happens slowly, little by little, but extremely painful. The physical and mental suffering is pronounced. Few people endure such a condition. To get rid of the agony, it is much easier for the alcoholic to pour another dose.
The mechanism of alcohol dependence is similar to that of drug addiction. The thirst for intoxication generates a craving for tomorrow's dose, and when it is canceled, an unpleasant state begins - withdrawal. It is possible to cure this with an independent desire to stop drinking.
How to overcome addiction?
In the following steps, all processing is built. These are prerequisites for a successful healing process to get rid of alcoholism.
It is very important that family and friends support the alcoholic in his quest to quit drinking.
There are reliable and proven ways to stop drinking:
- The alcoholic must admit the problem on his own.
- The addict should want to get rid of the harmful alcohol.
- The union of the patient and his family is very important.
Now you can cure the disease and stop drinking with the help of medicine. There are many specialty pharmaceuticals called receptor antagonists. A person after taking them drinks alcohol, but the state of joy and happiness does not come. He gets sick, so the meaning of drinking is lost. To defeat the green snake, you need to fight not only on your own, treatment also involves antidepressants and tranquilizers, and with an acute manifestation of aggression, antipsychotics are also indicated. A serious drawback of drug therapy is the symptomatic effect of drugs and the negative side effects of their use.
There are also different types of coding to get rid of alcohol addiction. This protection against alcoholism is created artificially, that is, the body's processes are invaded from the outside.
I handled the problem myself!
It is very important to normalize your diet and completely change your lifestyle. It is necessary to include exercise and walking in the daily routine.
This thesis is often discussed by narcologists. And the answer is unequivocal: an alcoholic can get rid of the problem on his own and stop drinking. Just let readers not get the false impression that it is easy to shed the burden of drunkenness.
Self-treatment is associated with acute and painful physical condition (high blood pressure, pain in the heart and stomach). Depression can be nagging. Therefore, not everyone can stop drinking alcohol alone.
Remember!A sober life means a complete rejection of all alcohol, and nonalcoholic too. Its smell and taste, the sight of the bottle excites, a person may even feel a slight imaginary intoxication, which brings the breakdown closer and it becomes more difficult to cure the disease. It should be clarified that self-treatment does not work against medication. On the contrary, it is necessary to contact a narcologist.
There is practical advice from real people, the basis of which is to see and understand the real enemy. Hate him and love yourself. Mentally draw your true accomplishments before illness.
How to Stop Drinking and Win on Your Own:
- It is important to cleanse the blood and the whole body of "green" toxins (ethanol and its metabolites) at home. The body, of course, will remove them independently, but it will take a long time. Help him recover, there are many ways. It is good to use oat broth (3-5 glasses). Before that, do at least 2 enemas per day.
- Destroy all physical reminders and booze traps (glasses, cans, empty bottles, cans of beer and wine) mercilessly. Rinse thoroughly all household utensils containing chlorine preparations. It is not difficult to do this at home.
- Ending any relationship with drinking buddies is one way to quit drinking on your own.
- Do not snort alcohol, do not smoke, it weakens the treatment.
- Do not go to alcohol outlets.
- Strictly follow the laws of dietetic nutrition, do not overload the liver and digestive tract.
- Find your favorite and interesting activity (sports, swimming, skiing and cycling).
- Find like-minded people! Alcoholics Anonymous can be used.
- Realize you have to adjust, be patient. Use constant self-hypnosis techniques at home. With all your might, ward off the temptations of alcohol.
When the urges come back and invade the patient:
- Breathing exercises help well (oxygen enters the brain and alleviates the severity of an attack of alcoholic desire).
- Fight sickness every day, don't miss any opportunity to heal yourself.
- You must instill that you have a strong inner core, it will hold back any attempt to drink and the treatment will be successful. It will help you quit drinking alcohol on your own!
Don't get into a healthy lifestyle, but gradually, but steadily. The treatment will therefore be more productive and it will be possible to stop drinking completely independently at home. Frequent trips to the public baths with a steam room won't hurt. After the bath it is good to drink tea, preferably with honey!
Remember!It is better to stop drinking alone at home, other methods are auxiliary means.
Don't look at these rules being simple and available at home. You will have to sweat, but such treatment will certainly work in five to six months. Confidence won't come sooner than a year from now! The thirst for alcohol will disappear, giving up alcohol will become a reality.