Living with an alcoholic is far from what girls dream of when they fantasize about their wedding day. It is hard to imagine that someone willingly wishes to live "happily ever after" with an alcoholic, endure their aggression or life complaints, clean up after them, take care of them, feel disgust and shame for them. his behavior in front of his neighbors, colleagues, friends and relatives. It's no surprise that an alcoholic's marriage falls apart if nothing can get him to overcome his desire to drink. There are, however, courageous women who fight to the end for their families, applying to the drunkard various measures with the same goal - so that the husband does not drink, in order to dissuade him from ruining his life (lahis and his relatives) with an addiction. to intoxicated drinks.
The first thing to do is try to persuade him. If the desire to drink is associated with problems outside the family - with work, career, friends, and alcoholism has not gone too far, it can easily quit, after meeting with the support of relatives.
A constructive dialogue should only be launched after careful preparation and taking into account certain rules:
- you cannot speak to a person until they have recovered to an adequate state and are unable to understand reasonable arguments;
- you shouldn't try to convince an alcoholic when he is experiencing the "delights" of a hangover;
- it is undesirable to try to cause pity or, on the contrary, to scandalize a person who drinks (even in a sober state), most often it is the attention that is needed;
- you can threaten a drunkard, but it is important to prepare for this threat to be executed;
- Before entering into a conversation, it is advisable to seek advice from a narcologist so that an alcoholic, if he has such a desire, can immediately go to the clinic for treatment.
If the wife can prove to the drinking husband the need to seek help, at least to convince him to try to change his life, this man will stand a chance. This can also be facilitated by developing a so called "motivation list". There are a number of reasons you can work together to make getting rid of alcoholism not only easy, but also beneficial. For example:
- to gain the respect of your children;
- to save money on a major purchase or vacation trip for a month;
- to start learning something new instead of drunkenness or to start building a career
The reasons for each person can be individual. You can motivate for a hobby, for example, playing sports or playing with a car in the garage, the main thing is that he devotes all his free time to this and does not drink or be in bad company. You may need the help of a psychotherapist.
When persuasion goes unanswered
Conversations, convictions, pleadings - in the majority of cases this is not enough to raise awareness.Very rarely it is possible to prove to the drinker that his lifestyle is destructive, because even if he believes in it, his own strength to fight alcohol addiction may not be enough. Instead, the best medicine is traditional medicines and folk remedies.
Drugs of industrial pharmacology are designed to create a feeling of rejection of alcohol in a drinking person, they may cause aversion to the drink, its appearance, taste and smell. It is enough to mix a drug similar to an alcoholic, add it to food or add it to a drink, and if he also drank vodka or even beer, he will instantly feel bad. Drugs with such an effect contain an active substance (or disulfiram, or cyanamide), which interferes with the normal process of processing ethyl alcohol, causes the accumulation of metabolic products in the blood and, as a result, persistent symptomsintoxication and hangover. And a person who got sick at least once after alcohol poisoning will have an aversion to alcohol for a long time. If you add a similar drug (Esperal tablets, Kolme drops and their analogues) to a drunkard, you can make him think twice before taking another dose of alcohol.
Once the drugs start to work, another attempt can be made to persuade the alcoholic to seek treatment by describing the benefits of treatment at a drug rehab clinic:
- constant monitoring of health status;
- psychological support, particularly important for the prevention of relapses;
- qualified assistance for the restoration of internal organs damaged by the abuse of ethyl alcohol.
Treatment in a hospital under the supervision of a narcologist is the best anti-alcohol therapy, which practically does not fail.
Alternative medicine for heavy drinking is even more ingenious in getting sick people to stop drinking. Traditional methods suggest preparing decoctions and infusions that act similarly to official medicines, they speak of completely original remedies:
- green bugs - you can throw 4 bugs in a glass of alcohol to cause an unpleasant smell and taste, and therefore aversion to the alcohol itself;
- pepper - you can convince a person to stop drinking with the help of a tincture (3 drops per 1 liter of alcohol), created from hot red chili pepper (crushed, 20 gr. ), filledalcohol (500 ml) and infused for two weeks;
- birch smoke - you can ask to breathe on smoldering birch logs, then offer alcohol, after which you will develop a strong aversion to products that contain alcohol.
It is important to understand that treatment without the supervision of a specialist, even with traditional, although folk methods, should be carried out with extreme caution, otherwise a person can develop not only an aversion to drinking and adesire to stop drinking, but also serious health problems.
The last stage of the struggle
When all methods of struggle are exhausted, there is only one last resort: threaten the husband to separate if he does not stop drinking. At the same time, it is important for the wife of a drunkard:
- be ready to respond to your threat without multiple warnings (1 to 2 times will suffice);
- to leave her husband for good, not to arouse pity and to make him apologize;
- not believing promises, wishes and tears;
- get to work hard and quickly - if the house belongs to the drinking husband, you should take out your things in his absence and go away for a while with the children;
- do not return to the drunkard until he actually proves that he has started to be treated.
You should not go back to your alcoholic husband if the situation of leaving and returning does not arise for the first time: sooner or later he will realize that his wife cannot really leave him, no matter how badlyhe drinks.
Getting rid of alcohol in the house, not letting drink an important place in the party, "keeping" unreliable friends from the house. . . All of this is much easier to do than later on "poisoning" your spouse with means that make you disgusted with ethyl alcohol. A positive example is a good reason for no one in the family to drink.